Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Episode 21--76ers Games!

Hi folks! I watched my first-time NBA game last night--Philadelphia 76ers VS Toronto Raptors, and the best part of it was that it was free. The reason was that the coordinator of AVID program invited me and another AVID tutor to watch the game. I mentioned my service-learning project before. It is for my basic ICC program course. A large chunk of discussion and paper writing is based on what I learned from the service-learning project site. And luckily, as an AVID tutor working in a Penn Treaty Middle School, I got an email saying that I was invited to the game with the kids. Haha, that was an exciting piece of news.

Last night, lots of people showed up rooting for the 76ers. Unfortunately, they were beaten by the Raptors with 98 to 108. I was a bit sad because I really wanted my first NBA show to be a perfect ending with a victory!

Honestly, I am not a huge basketball fan. I did watch some of the NBA games way back when I was also in middle school, (How old was I....) and I loved Rocket! However, the passion waned as I proceeded to high school. But basketball is one of the sports that I can understand what is going on without an expert sitting on my side explaining the rules for me. ( I don't really get American football and baseball......I can almost hear somebody yelling out at me, "C'mon, you are in America. How come you don't watch the two national-celebrated sports!)

Since I am not very good at writing a sport game report, I think I will just leave it for you to read news if you are interested. But I'd love to share pictures with you guys, and I think sometimes, pictures can speak louder than words.






No comments:

Post a Comment