Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Episode 15--TESOL Conference at Penn State Abington

Yesterday, I went to a TESOL Conference with my program manager and another GA (graduate assistant) to help our Penn GSE recruit new students. Our program manager picked us up in front of GSE building at 6:15 am, meaning that I had to get up at 5:45 in the morning ! It was the first time that I got out of bed this early in Philadelphia.....and I was not totally awake at all. Good thing was when we got there, breakfast was served, and I thought a cup of coffee was in need to get rid of my sleepiness and refreshed my spirits. We helped set up a table in the publisher room where many publisher companies came and gave away their books. This conference had many seminars, speech, workshops that intended to bring insights into Teaching English as a Second Language. Some people were already teachers, or  ESL teachers and they might be interested in pursuing a master degree or Ph.D degree in the future. We were also glad to have Dr. Hondo and Dr. Paninos to help us out, talking to people who showed interests in programs that GSE offers. Given that most of the people were there to attend seminars, the publisher room was a little quiet when the seminars began, and we got a large number of people stopped by during lunch time and short intervals between two sessions of seminars.
We got free give-away, which was four boxes of books from a generous publisher, and our program manager decided to put them in the library of our Educational Linguistics Division.
When we headed back, I almost felt asleep in the car. > < Anyway, I slept in the next day and I felt sooooo good! Haha

Hope you have a good Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment