Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Episode 9--Halloween at Graduate Student Center

Hi everyone ! I have been through a really tough week, but there were things that would certainly light you up, for example, the upcoming Halloween celebration!
This was the first time that I celebrated Halloween in the United States. Back in my home country, people usually do not go out their way to decorate and literally wear costumes to celebrate Halloween although many young people know that it is coming pretty soon. Therefore, I wanted to make my first time meaningful.

When I was browsing over the website, I noticed that Graduate Student Center will be holding a Halloween event where participants could enjoy pizzas, drinks, play games, use decors to decorate pumpkins, wear costumes and watch horrible movies. These things can really entice new comers like me to come and enjoy what it has to offer. So there I went. It was, like it said to be...AWESOME!

When I got there, the third floor of Graduate Student Center has already filled with merriment. We grabbed some food and entered a room to play a Halloween game called "hot potato". The rules are along the lines of a game that I used to play when I was little back in China, so that was not hard to get it. Unfortunately, I was the first person out of the game by the first round. > < (sad) However, as I went out to explore a bit, I found the right place to really sit down and enjoy the happiness that Halloween brought along, which is decorating the pumpkin!

My "masterpiece" took about 20 minutes to complete. I chose to draw two different facial expressions on each side of the pumpkin, an economical way to have difference faces. (It bugs me to see the other side being left blank.) I was so pumped up when I was drawing on the pumpkin, and using various stickers to spruce it up.
This is one side of the pumpkin. 

I am displaying what is going on on the other side of the pumpkin. 

Now I am trotting it out on the top of my fridge so that my roommate could see and jealous of me!! (hahahah~ I am joking) 

After finishing decorating it, my friends and I were so into taking pictures of these little cute "guys" ! I had a great time there. Thanks to Graduate Student Center for holding this great event, and thanks to the pumpkin that did raise my spirits! 

Finally, family photo! 

Have a nice weekend, and make sure you have your Halloween celebration mapped out! 





No comments:

Post a Comment