Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Episode 5--Serivce Learning Project and Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday! It was the first time that I celebrated my birthday in the US. For a starter, I did my Service Learning Project in Penn Treaty school. It is required for my ICC class because most of the things that we are doing is based on what you have experienced in the site. I am tutoring 6th and 7th grade students. ( I might just call them "kids") I had no idea what American middle school looks like except for the TV shows, but it was an eye-opener to see how things were different here. Honestly, kids were rowdy sometimes, however, they were really nice and friendly. Their responses and questions made me feel that I was welcomed. Since it was the first day, what we did was introduction and team-building. I can't wait to get my tutoring started next week and get to know them. They are adorable.

Another exciting thing was that my birthday fell on the same day. I am not big on birthday, but having pleasant food really does the tricks. My roommate, who is so sweet and good at cooking, made me noodles and egg, which was deemed as a traditional gesture to send best regards. I am so glad to have this lovely lady as my roommate, making my life at Penn full of delicious food.



For the evening, my friend invited me to Franklin Fountain, a famous ice-cream shop in town, which is on the first and market street. We had a great time tasting different flavors of the ice-creams. But green tea rules as always. ( I am an green tea lover.) We ordered one sundae and two scoops for a cup.


Happy Birthday to myself! I wish that my life could be just as sweet as the ice-creams. And may all you guys a happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment