Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

Episode 6--Practical Learning

The assignments of this week is not that hefty. I only have one summary to be revised, which I already did; and one journal entry for my ICC course, which is completed based on my experience and observations from my service-learning project; and the other is data analysis for my Educational Linguistics.

I specially want to say something about the second one. For the journal entry that we have to do every week, I think it is a great way to hone my observational skills and make connections to the theories and practical work. As someone who goes straight to grad school after college, having such opportunity would be instrumental in formulating my thoughts, and I am so glad that Penn has this requirement for some courses. Before going to the class, I only knew that students in our program are required to do an internship for 166 hours, which is  an important component to complete our degree. But for the service-learning project that I am doing for the first semester, it actually took me by surprise. I did not expect that I would be doing something so interesting and practical.

Therefore, if you want some practical experiences for the program that you are going to study, Penn GSE is a good choice. And so far, I am really enjoying my life here and what Penn has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment