Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

Episode 8--Untitle

I couldn't think of any words to describe what I did this week because there were so many things needed to be taken care of and I felt like I was under great pressure. Some personal issues came along and kind of made this week harder to go through than it usually was. However, back in my home country, there is a famous saying that seems appropriate to capture my status right now, which translated in English could be " I am a roach that cannot be beaten dead." ( I am not sure if it sounds weird or inappropriate in the US context. ). But I am sure that things will begin to turn around and I am trying to get these negative emotions out of my system. 

Good news is my older cousin and aunt are already in Philadelphia. We had a dinner at Sankee, which was a prefect timing for my older, me and my younger cousin to get together and had some catching up. As an international student, having family members here for you would be the best way to cheer you up and get over your homesickness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment