Translate

Monday, March 24, 2014

Episode 46--Busy after spring break

First, apologies for not having updated my blog for a long, long time. I had a wonderful spring break, going to the UK to see my boyfriend, and we traveled to Scotland and stayed at London for a couple of days. I think I have visited most of the major cities and saw the places that most of the people would see. But when I got back, I just realized that there were tons of things to do, pulling me back to reality.  The good news is that before spring break, I got an interview from Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvania, which is a non-profit organization that connects employers, business corporations to help new immigrants better integrate to the Philadelphia region. I will be interning there for this summer, as my internship site for my program. I am glad that my internship is now secured, and the next thing I have to do in March is to finish the internship prospectus. Another thing that has also been dangling is the off-campus housing searching. Right now, I have two in mind, but I am still trying to make a decision. Since it is all one-year lease, I don't want to be rash in the choice but I think I am able to make it before April. If you are inclined to live off-campus, I hope that you have started your searching or you have already decided because the later you get started, the less likely you will find a place that is accessible to public transportation (if you don't drive) or Penn campus, reasonably priced, safe and has good neighborhood. As I mentioned in the previous blog, I encourage you guys to start searching early so you can get a good deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment