Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pilot--Danwen's Life at Penn


Good evening, everyone! You are tuning into Danwen's Life at Penn, where you are going to hear a lot about Penn GSE, including classes, activities, and social events. This program runs on a weekly basis; however, it will probably have some added episodes after three to four days. So please check it out for an update frequently so that you won't have to miss anything exciting! Also, please remember its presenter, Danwen Guo, or Davina, if you have a hard time pronouncing her name.

Okay, Let's kick it off!


Episode 1

Four years ago, when I was traveling with my parents to the US, we made a brief stay at Philadelphia. We did not tour around much due to the packed travel schedule, except for the Independence Hall and Liberty Bell.  Not having given the chance to explore the whole city, I had a pretty vague memory.

Then years went by, I am currently enrolled in Intercultural Communications at Penn GSE, and I got the chance to study and live in Philadelphia for two years. What an incredible journey to embark on!

There are things that you would not dream of doing until it became a part of your life. It never occurred to me that I would come to Penn, to Philadelphia one day in the future while I was standing on the ground taking pictures of the Independence Hall four years ago.  It still seemed magical to me, as I leaned against the window at night looking over the surrounding buildings.  Life is unpredictable, and this is exactly what I love about it.

Three weeks of classes have past. Wow! Looks like my graduate study will be completed much faster than I thought.  I am taking three courses for this semester. The quantity will not strike you; but the quality will. The contents that hide behind each course are tremendous. Besides the hefty amount of readings that each course is assigned, there is going to be project learning, papers for two of my courses.  As a result, it is not going to be as easy as what it appears to be. Hopefully, I will try to navigate through and make my grad life interesting and meaningful.

Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment